To access Universities WiFi, you must:
- For HKU Portal account created before 5 June 2009, register to enable Universities WiFi access by login HKU Portal > Campus Information Services > Central IT Services > Register to use WiFi service.
- For HKU Portal account created on or after 5 June 2009, no registration is required.
- Please note that the following procedure is based on BlackBerry 9000.
- From the standby screen, press the BlackBerry button to open the main menu
- Select Manage Connection
Turn Wi-Fi to On
Select Set Up Wi-Fi Network
Click Scan for Networks
Wait a moment
Select Universities WiFi
Enter the settings as follows:
Security type: PEAP CA Certificate: GeoTrust Global CA Inner link security: EAP-MS-CHAP v2 User name: HKU Portal UID in the form of UID@hku.hk User password: HKUPortal PIN Server Subject / Server San: leave blank
Enter the Profile name as Universities WiFi (case-sensitive)
- BlackBerry should now connect to Universities WiFi
If failed, try the following procedures:
- Install Blackberry desktop manager from http://uk.blackberry.com/services/desktop/ for your platform (PC or MAC)
- Connect the device with USB cable.
- In Blackberry desktop manager, click Certificates
- Choose Intermediate
- In Certificate label, check GeoTrust DV SSL CA to enable the certificate
Since HKU Portal UID and PIN are employed to login at Universities WiFi, as a better password security measure, you would be asked to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.