The HKU Information Technology Services, in collaboration with CSL, is pleased to provide free WiFi service to HKU staff and students with HKU Portal UID at CSL WiFi hotspots throughout Hong Kong. HKU students and staff can now enjoy free WiFi service with any WiFi enabled notebook computers or handheld devices at convenience stores, coffee shops, restaurants, shopping malls, MTR stations, Universities and higher education institutions covered by the CSL WiFi hotspots.
For details and CSL hotspot locations, please visit http://www.cslwifi.com/index.html.
- When connecting to CSL WiFi, users must connect to SSID "Universities via CSL".
- Please DO NOT connect to SSID "CSL" or "CSL Auto Connect". These SSIDs are set up for CSL WiFi service subscribers only.
Pre-requisites for using CSL WiFi service for HKU staff and students:
- Must be a current HKU student or staff with valid HKU Portal account.
- For HKU Portal account created before 5 June 2009, register to enable eduroam access by login HKU Portal > Campus Information Services > Central IT Services > Register to use WiFi service.
- For HKU Portal account created on or after 5 June 2009, no registration is required. Please follow configuration procedures below.