To access "HKU" WiFi, you must:
- For HKU Portal account created before 5 June 2009, register to enable "HKU" WiFi access by login HKU Portal > Campus Information Services > Central IT Services > Register to use WiFi service.
- For HKU Portal account created on or after 5 June 2009, no registration is required.
The following is a sample procedure on Windows 8 PC configuration for enabling "HKU" WiFi:
- In Windows 8, download the WiFi auto-configuration program here.
- Save the program to your local drive.
- Double click WiFi_Setup.exe to run the program.
- The configuration is done automatically, press any key to close the program.
Try connecting to WiFi, and you will be prompted with the credential (User name and Password).
- Type in your HKU Portal UID in the format of UID@hku.hk in the User name field.
- Type in your HKU Portal PIN in the Password field.
- Click OK to logon.
- If you failed to run the WiFi auto-configuration program, please follow the configuration procedure here to setup your notebook manually.
Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to reveal the Charms Menu.
1. Click Settings
2. Click Available
3. Select HKU
4. Click Connect
5. ◦ Type in your HKU Portal UID in the format of UID@hku.hk in the User name field.
◦ Type in your HKU Portal PIN in the Password field.
◦ Click OK to logon.
Since HKU Portal UID and PIN are employed to login at "HKU" WiFi, as a better password security measure, you would be asked to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.