- Android devices including mobile phone or tablet.
- Android version 2.3.3 or later.
* Connect to "HKU" or “Universities WiFi” for using uPrint ("Wi-Fi.HK via HKU" or "eduroam" does NOT support uPrint.)
- Adobe Portable Document format (.pdf)
- Microsoft office documents ( .doc,.docx,.ppt, .pptx, ,.xls, .xlsx)
- Image format of JPEG, PNG (.jpg, .png)
* Printing of email or webpage is NOT supported. A workaround is to use “screen capture” function or save the document or image to internal memory.
Notes : The screenshots are captured on Android tablet version 4.4.2.
- Enable WiFi connection of your Android device and connect to “Universities WiFi”.
- Go to “Play Store” and search for “FXHK AMDP”. Tab “FXHK AMDP”. Then tab “Install”.
- When installation is completed, click “AMDP” icon to setup uPrint for your Android device (to be done once only).
- Click ““ on the bottom right corner.
- Tab “Preference”.
- In “AMDP Server” field, type “https://uprint.hku.hk” and click “Connect” button.
- Input your HKU Portal UID (login field) and PIN (password field), and click the “Sync Now” button to complete.
- A dialogue box “Login Success” will pop up upon successfully configuration.
- Check to make sure your Android device is connected to "HKU" or “Universities WiFi”.
- Open the “AMDP” app.
- Select a file, and then choose “Print”.
- Select “Print Server” from the pop-up list.
- Under the print option page, you can make print queue selection if you wish (e.g. black-white or color), and other printing attributes (e.g. single side or double side printing). After selection, click the “Print” button to submit your print job.
- For color printing, please make sure you turn on the "Color Printing" button. Otherwise, the document will be printed in black and white.
- Depending on the document size and Wi-Fi connection speed, it may take some time to process the print job. A dialogue box “Success” will be shown when the job is submitted successfully.
- The AMDP app allows printing from internal memory only. Files stored on external memory card are not able to print using AMDP app.