* Note: The Recall Sent Message feature allows you to recall, replace, or delete messages that you have sent. The feature is available in MS Outlook only.
Open Outlook 2013, locate the Sent Items folder, and double click to open the message that you want to recall.
Select Action from the menu, and select Recall This Message...
- In the Recall This message window,
- Select Delete unread copies of this message to recall message, or
- Select Delete unread copies and replace with a new message to replace the original message with a new one.
- If you want to receive notification of the recall result, check Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.
- Click OK to confirm recalling the message.
If the recall is successful, Outlook will send you Message Recall Success message. Otherwise, you will receive Message Recall Failure message.
The message recall is not successful if any of the following conditions are true:
- The recipient is not using Outlook.
- The recipient has read the message, or the message is marked as read.
- The original message is moved from the recipient’s Inbox. This can occur when rules are use.