Y5ZONE hotspots allow WiFi access at Y5ZONE partners, including coffee shops, entertainment and leisure stores, fast food chains, restaurants, shopping malls and higher education institutions throughout Hong Kong. For details and its hotspot locations, please refer to http://www.y5zone.net/.
- When connecting to Y5ZONE WiFi, users must connect to SSID "Universities via Y5ZONE".
- Please DO NOT connect to SSID "Y5ZONE". This SSID is set up for Y5ZONE WiFi service subscribers only.
- Starting from 1/1/2009, the SSID "JUCC" will be replaced by SSID "Universities via Y5ZONE".
Pre-requisites for using Y5ZONE WiFi service for HKU staff and students:
- Must be a current HKU student or staff with valid HKU Portal account.
- For HKU Portal account created before 5 June 2009, register to enable eduroam access by login HKU Portal > Campus Information Services > Central IT Services > Register to use WiFi service.
- For HKU Portal account created on or after 5 June 2009, no registration is required. Please follow configuration procedures below.