You are here

Can I keep using my account name (Portal UID) if I change my status from staff to student, or student to staff?

No. The account name is used in login the HKU Portal. Once an account name (UID) has been created as a staff or student account, the new system will record the staff or student status of the account name, which cannot be changed.

Staff and students have to apply for a new account (holding a new account name) whenever their status changes.

Service Category: