- Staff (except visiting and hourly-paid staff who can use alternate email address only) can choose to receive the token code either through a registered alternate email address or a 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken).
For staff who prefers using 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken) to receive the token code, please register through the online form “Register To Use 2FA” and select “2FA Mobile App (FortiToken)” under section (A). After registration, please follow the procedure below to install the 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken).
- FortiToken Mobile is required to run on iOS devices with iOS 7.0 or later.
- This 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken) can be installed on ONE mobile device only for receiving the token code for HKU 2FA.
- Enable the PIN protection for opening the “FortiToken Movile” App as the new version of this 2FA App turns off the PIN protection by default.
2. Installation Procedure
- Go to App Store.
- Type “fortitoken mobile” under the search box.
- Tap Get next to FortiToken Mobile to download the app.
- Tap Install to kick off the installation.
- After installation, open FortiToken Mobile.
- Open the activation email received from email@example.com and open the attached graphical file.
(1) You will receive the activation email on “Activate HKU 2FA Mobile App” sent to your HKU email address within 60 minutes after your complete the 2FA registration procedure.
(2) The QR code may not be displayed in high resolution in preview mode. If the QR code cannot be scanned successfully using its preview version, please open the .png file in the email attachment and scan it using the installed 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken).
- Tap Scan Barcode to scan the QR code displayed in the activation email by using the token barcode scanner.
- Once the App is activated, a token will be displayed on the 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken) and it is ready for use.
- If you find the token code is not displayed, please tap the icon highlighted below.
3. Enable the PIN Protection
- Open the FortiToken Mobile App > click “Info”.
- Tap “Touch ID & PIN”.
- Select the option “Touch ID” or “PIN”. If your device does not support Touch ID, please select PIN
- You will be prompted to set up the access PIN. Create a 4-digit PIN (this PIN will be saved in your mobile device) and re-enter the PIN to confirm.