For Intel-based Macs (64-bit): macOS 10.14, 10.15, 11 and Arm-based Macs (M1): macOS 11 (Rosetta 2 Emulation)
- If your Mac is installed with a previous version of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac (i.e. 8.X), please follow the steps below to uninstall it. If not, please go to step 2.
- Please go to Macintosh HD > Library > Sophos Anti-Virus to remove the software (the file name for version 7/8 is “Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg” and version 9 is “Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.app“).
- After the previous version is removed, shut down and restart your Mac.
- Download the Sophos program for Mac here (HKU Portal login is required).
- Double click the downloaded Sophos for mac installation file to decompress it. Then double click the “Sophos Installer” to start the installation.
- Click “Continue” button and go through all the steps with default settings.
- When installation finished, the following screen will appear. Click “Close” button to close it.
- Restart your MAC and user MUST follow the SAV Mac configuration procedure to set update and virus scan settings.