- 2-factor authentication (2FA) is required for accessing the HKUVPN service.
- Please uninstall any earlier version of Cisco Any Connect VPN client before you start the following installation.
- AnyConnect ICS+ (VPN client) is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.0 or above.
2. Configuration Procedures (to be done once only)
- Go to Play Store.
- In the search box, type “anyconnect” and tap Install.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the application.
- When you open the application for the first time, you will be prompted to read the license agreement. Tap OK to accept.
- Tap Connection to add a VPN profile.
- Tap Add New Connection….
- Under Connection Editor–
- Tap Description.
- Type “VPN2FA” in the Description field and tap OK.
- Tap Server Address.
- Type “vpn2fa.hku.hk” in the Server Address field and tap OK.
- Tap Done to complete the setup.
3. Connection Procedures
- Tap AnyConnect on your device to open the VPN client.
- Tap AnyConnect VPN to start the connection.
- Enter your HKU Portal UID and PIN in the Username and Password fields respectively and tap Connect.
- (i) Applicable to staff/students who choose EMAIL TOKENYou will receive an email containing the 6-digit email token sent to your registered alternate email address. The token is valid for 5 minutes after its sent out time.
- Open FortiToken Mobile.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN to unlock the app.
- App token will be retrieved.
- Enter the 6-digit One Time Password in the Answer box and click Continue.
- Tap OK to accept the Connection Request.
- You are now connected to HKUVPN.
- To disconnect from HKUVPN server, tap AnyConnect VPN.
- You are now disconnected from HKUVPN.
(ii) Applicable to staff who choose APP TOKENPlease open the 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken app) on your mobile device. The token is valid for 1 minute after it is retrieved.
(Note: Please refer to installation guide for the installation of 2FA Mobile App.)
|To retrieve the app token-|