- 2-factor authentication (2FA) is required for accessing the HKUVPN service.
- Please uninstall any earlier version of Cisco Any Connect VPN client before you start the following installation.
- AnyConnect ICS+ (VPN client) is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.0 or above.
2. Configuration Procedures (to be done once only)
- Go to Play Store.
- In the search box, type “cisco secure client” and tap Install.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the application.
When you open the application for the first time, you will be prompted to read the license agreement. Tap OK to accept.
- Tap Connections to add a VPN profile.
- Tap the button with + icon
- Under Connection Editor–
- Type “HKU VPN” in the Description field.
- Type “vpn2fa.hku.hk” in the Server Address field.
- Tap Done to complete.
3. Connection Procedures
- Tap AnyConnect on your device to open the VPN client.
- Tap AnyConnect VPN to start the connection.
- Enter your HKU Portal UID and PIN in the Username and Password fields respectively and tap Connect.
- (i) Applicable to staff/students who choose EMAIL TOKEN You will receive an email containing the 6-digit email token sent to your registered alternate email address. The token is valid for 5 minutes after its sent out time.
(ii) Applicable to staff who choose APP TOKEN
Please open the 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken app) on your mobile device. The token is valid for 1 minute after it is retrieved.
(Note: Please refer to installation guide for the installation of 2FA Mobile App.)
To retrieve the app token-
o Open FortiToken Mobile.
o Enter your 4-digit PIN to unlock the app.
o App token will be retrieved.
- Enter the 6-digit One Time Password in the Answer box and click Continue.
- Tap OK to accept the Connection Request.
- You are now connected to HKU VPN.
- To disconnect from HKU VPN server, tap AnyConnect VPN.
- You are now disconnected from HKUVPN.