- 2-factor authentication (2FA) is required for accessing the HKUVPN service.
- Please uninstall any earlier version of Cisco Any Connect VPN client before you start the following installation.
2. Configuration Procedures (to be done once only)
Note: The following steps are prepared based on Windows Phone 8.1 Update (Version 8.10.14219.341)
- From App list, select Store.
- In the search box, type “anyconnect” and tap the app AnyConnect.
- Tap Install.
- After installation, tap Home button and Settings from the App list.
- Tap VPN.
- Tap “+” button at the bottom to add a new connection profile.
- Enter the following information:
– Server name or IP address: vpn2fa.hku.hk
– Type: Anyconnect
– Username: <Your HKU Portal UID>
– Password: <Your HKU Portal PIN>
– Move the slider next to Server certificate validation to On and then choose “GeoTrust” from the list.
– Move the slider next to Connect automatically to Off.
– Tap Save.
3. Connection Procedure
- From App list, tap Settings and VPN.
- Move the slider next to Status to On.
- Enter your HKU Portal UID and PIN in the Username and Password fields respectively and tap continue.
- (i) Applicable to staff/students who choose EMAIL TOKENYou will receive an email containing the 6-digit email token to your registered alternate email address. The token is valid for 5 minutes after its sent out time.
- To retrieve the app token-
(ii) Applicable to staff who choose APP TOKEN
Please retrieve the app token from your mobile device. The token is valid for 1 minute after it is obtained. Note: For installation of the 2FA Mobile App (FortiToken), please refer to here.
- Open FortiToken Mobile.
- Enter your PIN of 4 digits to unlock the app.
- App token will be retrieved.