Export Email from Gmail to .Mbox file to local
Logout any personal Google account in web browser or launch a Incognito/InPrivate browser window to proceed the following step:
- Access https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout and login as your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the instruction to download data, you can select Delivery method in step 2.
If you see error: “Transfer Your Content is only available to authorised G Suite for Education Accounts. Please contact your administrator”, this may due to you used the same web browser to login both Connect and personal Gmail accounts.
Please try to logout all personal Gmail accounts and try again.
Import .mobx file to ThunderBird (Local)
- Right Click the “Local Folder” > “Settings”
- Copy the Local Directory Path
- Copy the .Mbox file into the Path Folder.
- New folder will appear after Restart ThunderBird
Copy Email from Local to M365
Create New folder to M365 for email import
- Create New Folder in M365 Mail Box. Right Click M365 mailbox > New Folder
- Name the Folder and Click Create Folder
- New Folder Show on M365 mailbox
Copy mail from Local to M365
- Select Local folder, Select email and right click > copy to > M365 mailbox > inbox > Gmail (folder create at previous step)
- Progress will show at bottom
- New email will appear at Folder once the copy progress finish.