The eNotices System provides a consolidated channel to disseminate information to all staff/students. Notices are classified into three types, Urgent Notices, Administrative and Services Notices and General Notices and are placed in a centralized location – Notices for Staff/Students in the My Page tab of HKU Portal. In addition, Urgent Notices can be sent to staff and students via SMS, bulk email and/or to all smart phone user installed HKU App via HKU App notification in a timely manner. Staff and students can easily search the notices through the searching functions provided by the system.
Approver Services provide functions for approvers to approve/reject and manage notices.
- Search notices;
- View notices;
- Approve notices;
- Reject notices;
- Hide notices;
- Repost hidden notices.
This user guide aims at providing a procedure step by step for approvers to approve/reject and manage notices in eNotices System.
Type of notices
There are 3 types of notices –
|Urgent Notice||Important notices that should be disseminated urgently|
|Administrative and Services Notice||General notices from administrative offices and service operation notices from service departments|
|General Notice||General notices from all departments|
Administrative and Services Notice
Pending for approval
|Admission Talk / Career Talk / Information Session / Open Day|
|Ceremony / Press Conference / Media Event|
|Continuing Professional Development Short Course|
|Performance Arts (music, dance, drama etc.)|
|Public Lecture / Forum / Seminar / Workshop / Conference / Symposium|
How to do?
Case 1: Access Approver Services
- Login HKU Portal (https://hkuportal.hku.hk).
- Go to “Campus Information Service” > “Central IT Services” > “eNotices (Approver Services)”.
- Approver Services will be shown in a new window.
Case 2: View the online help
- Click the “?“ link at the top right hand corner.
- Help popup will be shown in the page.
Case 3: Log out
- Click the “Log Out” link at the top right hand corner.
- You have logged out of eNotices System.
Case 4: Search notices
- Press on “Search Notices” button.
- Enter the search criteria in the fields provided.
- Click “Search” button
- Search result will be shown
Case 5: Show Submitters and Approvers
- Press on “Show Submitters and Approvers” button.
- Lists of submitters and approvers will be shown.
Case 6: Approve / Reject notice
- Click on the title of the notice which is pending for approval.
- Press on “Approve” button to approve the notice / “Reject” button to reject the notice.
- Press “CONFIRM” button in the popup to confirm the approval / rejection of the notice.
Case 7: View notice
- Click on the title of the notice to view the notice details.
Case 8: Hide notice
- Click on the title of the notice which has been approved / being posted / removed from being posted.
- Press the “Hide” button.
- Press “CONFIRM” button in popup to confirm hiding the notice.
- The notice has been hidden.
Case 9: Repost notice
- Click on the title of the notice which has been hidden.
- Press the “Repost” button to repost the notice.
- Press “CONFIRM” button in popup to confirm reposting the notice.
- The notice has been reposted.