The migration of HKU Connect accounts from Google to Microsoft has been completed on June 1, 2022.
HKU Connect Email
All email accounts UID@connect.hku.hk will remain unchanged for sending and receiving emails on Microsoft 365 platform (M365) (i.e., no change to the email address and login credentials).
Email access via either one of the following platforms:
- https://mail.office365.com using yourUID@connect.hku.hk and HKU Portal PIN/Graduate Email Account Password; or
- https://webmail.hku.hk (click the button CONNECT.HKU.HK (Microsoft 365)); or
- mobile device (please do a one-time configuration by following the steps here); or
- MyEmail tab of HKU Portal using yourUID@connect.hku.hk and HKU Portal PIN (for students only).
5 TB Storage in OneDrive, access via:
https://portal.office.com > select Work or school account > enter yourUID@connect.hku.hk and Graduate Email Account Password > Use OneDrive and other Office 365 apps
(Graduates please click here to activate your account once if you have not logged in to your Microsoft OneDrive before.)
Email and Data Migration by May 31, 2023
Before the completion of data migration, you can continue accessing your Google account (read-only with 100MB quota limit) via:
https://webmail.hku.hk (click the button CONNECT.HKU.HK (Google, read-only))
|Migrate data on Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Contacts and Google Calendar||Steps|
|Optional: Update sender name and email address on your Microsoft account|
|Optional: Update email alias|
|Optional: Set up email forwarding, filtering rules, and signature under your Microsoft account||Steps|
|Optional: Register to keep your Google account for authentication after your Google storage is emptied||Steps|
Assistance from ITS
- Book a one-on-one 30-minute online or on-campus support session by clicking here. This support service is open for booking from June 2 to August 31, 2022 (except Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays); or
- Contact our Service Desk at 3917 0123 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Refer to our FAQs.