[The following message is sent to HKU Students and Graduates Using @connect.hku.hk accounts on 24 May 2022.]
Further to our email sent to you on May 5, 2022 regarding “Update on Migration of HKU Connect Accounts from Google to Microsoft”, we are writing to recap the required actions for you to get ready for the account migration scheduled to complete on June 1, 2022 by 9 am:
1. Changes to You
Your email account UID@connect.hku.hk will remain unchanged for sending and receiving emails on Microsoft 365 platform (i.e., no change to the email address and login credentials) and there is 5TB storage on OneDrive.
From June 1, 2022 onwards,
Email access via:
- https://mail.office365.com using yourUID@connect.hku.hk and PIN/Graduate Email Account Password; or
- https://webmail.hku.hk (click the button CONNECT.HKU.HK (Microsoft 365); or
- MyEmail tab of HKU Portal using yourUID@connect.hku.hk and PIN (for current students only); or
- your mobile device (please do a one-time configuration by following the steps here)
OneDrive (for file storage) access via:
- https://portal.office.com > select Work or school account > enter yourUID@connect.hku.hk and PIN/Graduate Email Account Password > Use OneDrive and other Office 365 apps
Google account (read-only with 100MB quota limit) access via:
- https://webmail.hku.hk (click the button CONNECT.HKU.HK (Google, read-only)
Click here (Q2) to see other changes to you after your account is migrated.
2. Actions Required by You
- Action required from now onwards
- Action required from June 1, 2022 onwards
- Transfer emails from your Google account to your Microsoft account or other storage (steps here, available on June 1, 2022).
- Update your sender name and email address on your Microsoft account (optional) (students: click here; graduates: click here)
- Set up email forwarding, filtering rules, and signature under your Microsoft account as those under the Google account will not be migrated (optional) (steps here)
- Register to keep your Google account for authentication after your Google storage is emptied (optional) (steps here).
3. More Information
4. Getting Assistance
- Book a one-on-one 30-minute online or on-campus support session if you need assistance from us by clicking here. This support service is open for booking from June 2 to August 31, 2022 (except Sundays and public holidays); or
- Contact our Service Desk at 3917 0123 or email@example.com.
Information Technology Services