We are coordinating the annual purchase of the following new/renewal software licenses for departments-
- Sophos Endpoint Protection
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business – Select
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business – Select + Security for Email Add on
- Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5
The price schedule can be found under HKU Portal (search for the keywords “Tender Prices” in the Search field of HKU Portal).
For the Sophos/Kaspersky anti-virus solutions, departments have to renew the licenses in order to keep receiving the latest virus signature updates and using the upgrade version whenever it is available during the subscription period.
For Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, the licensing terms are as follow:
- Symantec Ghost uses a one license per machine policy. Each machine that has Symantec Ghost loaded onto it needs a separate license to be legally compliant. There is no single network license that covers all machines. All cloned or image backup machines will require one license for every machine.
- Each license allows cloning and restoring one PC for its entire lifetime. If a licensed PC is permanently decommissioned, its license can be transferred to another PC for that system’s lifespan.
- Symantec Ghost licenses are perpetual and do not expire over time.
- Renewing the licenses will entitle your department to receive the software upgrades, updates and patches of Symantec Ghost. If your department does not need these upgrade insurance services, you may consider not renewing the Ghost licenses in your department.
A circular on the above annual purchase arrangement has already been sent to the Department Heads in early April 2014. Departments who wish to buy or renew any of the above licenses are requested to submit an ITS Order Form to us on or before May 16, 2014 through the HKU Portal at https://hkuportal.hku.hk (login to HKU Portal > type “order” in the Search field > click the link “Order License & Goods”). Or you can complete and return the ITS Order Form (CF-36) available at http://www.its.hku.hk/itsform/forms/cf36.pdf.
For enquiries on the above, please feel free to contact our Ms Sarah Li at 3917 6231 or Ms Ada Chan at 3917 6248.
Tel: 3917 6220