Welcome to all new comers joining HKU!
IT services are necessities in supporting the work and study needs of staff and students. The following quick tips are provided for them to get a quick start in using our services:
Apart from the above commonly used IT services, you may find the following information useful:
Control of Bulk Email Delivery – Staff and students can have control on the delivery of bulk emails from departments and student societies by following the steps described in the Bulk Main Control Guide.
High Performance Computing (HPC) – this will be useful to postgraduates and researchers for conducting compute-intensive research activities. A 2,320-core HPC system (theoretical peak power of 103.4 Tera-FLOPS) is now in operation for supporting compute-intensive and accelerated computing. Work has been in progress to install a new 780 Tera-FLOPS HPC system that equipped with the latest technologies including fast multi-core processors, Nvidia Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and Lustre parallel file-system that will be put into service by early 2021. An Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform (total 6.5 Peta-FLOPS Deep Learning Performance) will also be put into production by phases for supporting AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning researches.
Teaching and Learning Support
- HKU Online Resources for Teachers at https://tl.hku.hk/teachonline/online-resources-for-teachers/
- HKU e-Learning Resource Hub at https://elearning-resource.hku.hk/
- ITS support on Moodle and Panopto at https://moodle-support.hku.hk/
We treasure a lot users’ feedback which is a motivator driving us for continuous service improvement. We conduct a user survey every year and the latest one was conducted in March-April 2020. Please click here to see the survey results in details.
- Quick started video: Contains the must-know information for staff and students
- Getting started webpages:
Orientation classes are arranged for new comers in late August and September 2020. Check out the schedule and registration by visiting the page on ITS Orientations. Other regular seminars and training courses are arranged by us throughout the year.
Please visit the following webpages for getting the latest information about us:
- ITS website (http://www.its.hku.hk)
- ITS FAQ website (https://www.its.hku.hk/faq)
- Monthly newsletter (https://www.its.hku.hk/its-news)
In case advice and assistance in using the central IT services are required, please feel free to contact our Service Desk via any of the following channels:
- Self-reporting system
- Live chat
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone at 3917 0123
- In person at 1/F, Library Building (Old Wing), Main Campus
Enjoy using the central IT services! Feedback and comments are always welcome.
User Services Team
Tel: 3917 6220