Welcome to all new comers joining HKU!
IT services are necessities in supporting the work and study needs of staff and students. The following quick tips are provided for them to get a quick start in using our services:
Apart from the above commonly used IT services, you may find the following information useful:
a. Receipt of Bulk Email – Staff and students can have control in receiving bulk emails from departments and student societies by following the steps described in the Bulkmail Control Guide for Recipients.
b. High Performance Computing (HPC) – ITS provides expertise and central support in high performance computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Grid Computing to facilitate postgraduates and researchers for conducting compute-intensive research activities of the University. A new 804 Tera-FLOPS HPC system that equipped with the latest technologies, including Fast multi-core processors, Nvidia Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and Lustre parallel file-system, and a 3,160-core HPC system (theoretical peak power of 130 Tera-FLOPS) are available for supporting compute-intensive and accelerated computing. Two AI platforms (total 6.5 Peta-FLOPS Deep Learning Performance) are provided to facilitate AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning researches. Software packages for supporting engineering and scientific applications, biomolecular simulations, statistical analysis and data visualization are installed on these servers. Please refer to the website at http://hpc.hku.hk for more details.
c. Teaching and Learning Support
- HKU e-Learning Resource Hub at https://elearning-resource.hku.hk/
- ITS support on Moodle and Panopto at https://moodle-support.hku.hk/
- HKU Online Resources for Teachers at https://tl.hku.hk/teachonline/online-resources-for-teachers/
- HKU Online Resources for Students at https://tl.hku.hk/teachonline/online-resources-for-students/
- ITS training videos at https://lecturecapture.hku.hk/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx?folderID=34722cc7-7907-48e4-89bb-acc20072e3cc
We treasure a lot users’ feedback which is a motivator driving us for continuous service improvement. We conduct a user survey every year and the latest one was conducted in February to April 2021. Please click here to see the survey results in details.
Getting started webpages:
- For staff: https://www.its.hku.hk/services/staff
- For students: https://www.its.hku.hk/services/students
Orientation classes are arranged for new comers in late August and September 2021. Check out the schedule and registration by visiting the page on ITS Orientations. Other regular seminars and training courses are arranged by us throughout the year.
Please visit the following webpages for getting the latest information about us:
- ITS website (http://www.its.hku.hk)
- ITS FAQ website (https://www.its.hku.hk/faq)
- Bimonthly newsletter (https://www.its.hku.hk/its-news)
In case advice and assistance in using the central IT services are required, please feel free to contact our Service Desk via any of the following channels:
- Self-reporting system
- Live chat
- Email at email@example.com
- Phone: 3917 0123
- In person at 1/F, Library Building (Old Wing), Main Campus
Enjoy using the central IT services! Feedback and comments are always welcome.
User Services Team
Tel: 3917 6216