Following our earlier email sent to you regarding “Migration of HKU Connect Accounts from Google to Microsoft – COMPLETED”. This reminder for those who would like to keep your data and have not migrated to Microsoft platform.
Please refer to this link for the details of this exercise and below is a list of key dates for this exercise:
|Switch over of HKU Connect account from Google to Microsoft (i.e., the email will be delivered to Microsoft)||June 1, 2022|
1. Google will change our Google Workspace to read-only. As HKU’s usage is still far beyond Google’s quota, Google may delete user’s data later.
2. Free migration tool Mover.io will also be closed in early 2023. Users are recommended to migrate data as soon as possible.
|1 Jan, 2023|
|Registration for keeping a Google account for authentication purposes||before May 31, 2023|
1. Disable Gmail/Google Drive functions.
2. Deletion of Google accounts (if the request of keeping Google account is not accepted)
3. ITS will not provide support on the Google Workspace services after June 2023. Users should switch to personal Google accounts to use Google services.
4. All data on Google Drive and Gmail cannot be restored.
|June 1, 2023|
Assistance from ITS