SAS is a statistical software suite for data management, advanced analytics, multivariate analysis, business intelligence, criminal investigation, and predictive analytics.
The University is subscribing the SAS campus license, SAS Education Analytical Suite (EAS). Departments can subscribe the SAS licenses by modules (charged by module-basis) or by EAS (charged by a flat rate of all Full-Time Equivalent staff in a department). The use of SAS licenses is subject to annual renewal covering the period 1 July to 30 June.
Below are the SAS modules available for subscription by departments on Windows, Unix/Linux platforms-
- Base SAS
- SAS/ACCESS (all standard interfaces as available by host)
- SAS Bridge for ESRI
- SAS/Enterprise Guide
- SAS/Integration Technologies
- optional separate SAS Metadata Server
- SAS Academic Hub
Agreement of Legal Obligations for the Use of the SAS Software on Personal Computers
Staff and students installing and/or using the SAS Software (“Software”) coordinated through ITS means they have agreed to observe the terms of the License Agreements signed between The University of Hong Kong and the SAS Institute Ltd. and to abide by the terms of those agreements excerpted below:
- The Software is limited to use by the University of Hong Kong employees and registered students only.
- The Software is to be installed on a PC as specified above within the premises of the University of Hong Kong only.
- The Software is not to be copied, disclosed or transferred.
- The use of the Software will expire on 30 June every year and may be renewed thereafter upon payment of an annual renewal fee.
- Violation of any of the above rules may lead to suspension from future usage of the computing facilities at the Information Technology Services and the offender may be subjected to public or private legal action for violation of the License Agreements.