ITS Cloud is a scalable and flexible on-demand Virtual Machine (VM) hosting service managed by ITS. It is equipped with high availability (HA) feature and is under 24×7 monitoring in a well-controlled physical environment. It comes with a user-friendly self-service portal through which departments can request for the provision of cloud VMs in different sizes and types. Departments are provided with full root/administrator privileges on the provisioned VMs who can manage the cloud resources on their own.
Each department can request for the provision of one VM for each department (equipped with 2 virtual CPUs, 4GB memory and 100GB disk storage). Additional VMs are available on subscription basis.
The key benefits are:
- New provision and addition of resources can be done within a day upon request approval
- Eliminate the efforts of departments in procurement and server setup
- Improved security and reliability through central management
- Optional add-on service to extend disaster recovery setup among data centres in the Main Campus and Centennial Campus
- Optional Operating System (OS) administration service and regular security updates by ITS