The campus license on Zoom is for use by HKU staff and students. They can use Zoom to organize online meetings for supporting their teaching and learning needs. Each of them will have 500MB storage for keeping the cloud recordings.
- Get Started
- User Guides
- FAQ (see Section 3.5 on Zoom)
- Special Note for Connection in China
- Schedule and Join Zoom Meetings in Moodle
- Introductory Session on Zoom on 5 Dec 2019 - presentation file
- Training Session Conducted by Zoom on 6 Feb 2020 – video
Zoom offers the following features:
- High quality video, audio, screen sharing and stability of connection
- No limit in meeting duration
- Easy in meeting scheduling and participation
- Chat and presence functionality
- Up to 300 attendees can participate in Zoom meetings (each account can host 1 meeting at a time)
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Learn more about zoom features
Before you start using Zoom, go to the Zoom Download Center or hku.zoom.us (Download in the header) to download the client (Zoom Client for Meetings)/app (Zoom Cloud Meetings).
Go to https://hku.zoom.us. Please bookmark this link for future connection to use Zoom.
Input your “HKU Portal UID and PIN”. (Note: Login using departmental account will NOT be accepted.)
Upon successful login at the first time, users will be automatically assigned with a Zoom “Pro” license. They can then start scheduling Zoom meetings.
To sign in the Zoom client/app, click “Sign in”. (Note: Below is an illustrative example showing Zoom client for Windows and the steps will be similar for Mac client and iOS/Android app.)
Click “Sign in with SSO”. (Note: Do NOT type in your email address/password and do NOT click “Sign in with Google” and “Sign in with Facebook”.)
Type “hku” in the box.
Login with HKU Portal UID and PIN.
Login is successful and your initial will be shown at the top right.
Getting Start with Zoom - A high-level tour of Zoom and cover the basics (a 30-minute video)
Join a meeting
Schedule a meeting
Host and co-host controls in a meeting
Schedule a meeting with Outlook
Automatically Transcribe Cloud Recordings
Share my screen
Set Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and Personal Link
Schedule meetings on behalf of a meeting host
Using the Zoom Client and Zoom Rooms with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and Mac OS 10.15 Catalina
Learn more about Zoom
Free support for Zoom is available 24x7: Zoom Help Centre (account no. 51248419)
- If users join a Zoom meeting as a guest (i.e. without login), Zoom will request SMS verification (this is part of MFA, multi-factor authentication) every time.
- If users logged in before joining the meeting, Zoom will ask for SMS verification at the first time and after that, their Zoom account will tie with that mobile no. and no verification will be required for future Zoom meetings.
- In case users are located in China and have problem in accessing https://zoom.us/... , please try using https://zoom.com.cn/....
- zoom.cn has NO relationship with the Zoom service subscribed by HKU