ITS has been coordinating various software items for use by University staff and students throughout the years to enjoy the benefits of educational discount, economies of scale and savings from administrative overheads for individual purchases. This service has been well received by staff and students. The current software items include Microsoft 365, Zoom, Camtasia, Qualtrics, SPSS, etc. ITS will consider coordinating a software item mainly based on the following criteria:
- If a software is of common needs to the University.
- The benefits through ITS coordination e.g. economies of scale, educational discount, etc.
- The value this software will bring to the University.
The coordination can be arranged in the form of
- Central coordination and the cost will be paid using central budget.
- Quotation/tender coordination and departments/individuals can purchase the software on their own.
- Connecting with the suppliers through which departments/individuals can contact them for more product and pricing information.
If you have a software item in mind that you would suggest ITS coordinating, please let us know by visiting the following URL or the webpage on Centrally Provided Software or Software Site Licensing Programs:
User Services Team
Tel: 3917 6220