Quick Tips for Using the Central IT Services
Welcome to all new comers joining HKU!
IT services are necessities in supporting the work and study needs of staff and students. The following quick tips are provided for them to get a quick start in using our services:
Apart from the above commonly used IT services, you may find the following information useful:
a. Receipt of Bulk Email – Staff and students can have control in receiving bulk emails from departments and student societies by following the steps described in the Bulkmail Control Guide for Recipients.
b. High Performance Computing (HPC) – ITS provides expertise and central support in high performance computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Grid Computing to facilitate postgraduates and researchers for conducting compute-intensive research activities of the University. A new 804 Tera-FLOPS HPC system that equipped with the latest technologies, including Fast multi-core processors, Nvidia Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and Lustre parallel file-system, and a 3,160-core HPC system (theoretical peak power of 130 Tera-FLOPS) are available for supporting compute-intensive and accelerated computing. Two AI platforms (total 6.5 Peta-FLOPS Deep Learning Performance) are provided to facilitate AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning researches. Software packages for supporting engineering and scientific applications, biomolecular simulations, statistical analysis and data visualization are installed on these servers. Please refer to the website at http://hpc.hku.hk for more details.
c. Teaching and Learning Support
- HKU e-Learning Resource Hub at https://elearning-resource.hku.hk/
- ITS support on Moodle and Panopto at https://moodle-support.hku.hk/
- HKU Online Resources for Teachers at https://tl.hku.hk/teachonline/online-resources-for-teachers/
- HKU Online Resources for Students at https://tl.hku.hk/teachonline/online-resources-for-students/
- ITS training videos at https://lecturecapture.hku.hk/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx?folderID=34722cc7-7907-48e4-89bb-acc20072e3cc