Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions
Information Technology Services has been coordinating the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES, previously called Microsoft Campus Agreement) for departments since 1999 which provides a cost-effective and easy-to-manage site licensing arrangement in using Microsoft software products. EES is designed to offer University departments to purchase non-perpetual, annual licenses by paying a flat rate for each of their Education Qualified User (EQU) for faculty and staff.
To improve institutional work efficiency as a whole, the license renewal of EES will be subscribed centrally. This new arrangement not only saves much of the effort of the old process but also enables all departments to be eligible in using the up-to-date versions of Windows and Microsoft Office products as a standard. Under the arrangement, all University departments can use the following Microsoft software products (“software”) on all PCs owned or leased by them during the subscription period-
- Windows Enterprise Upgrade (Windows upgrade right is covered and departments must have a valid license of Microsoft Windows operating system on their PCs)
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Office for Mac
- Microsoft Core CAL Suite (Includes Windows Server CAL, SharePoint Server Standard CAL, Exchange Server Standard CAL, System Center Configuration Manager CML and System Center Endpoint Protection)
- Desktop Optimization Pack
Apart from using the above software on all PCs owned/leased by a department for the use of its staff and students, departments can
- enjoy the upgrade/downgrade rights which allow the running of any new versions of the licensed products included in the subscription coverage that are released during the licensed term or any previous version of the licensed product in place of the current version
- use multilingual versions of the software that are available
- allow their staff (except employees who do not use institutional devices such as cleaner, maintenance worker, grounds keeping, cafeteria staff, etc.) to use the licensed software on one computer they own at home for campus-related purposes (they are NOT licensed to use the software at home for personal purposes)
Apart from the above, students and eligible staff can enjoy the right to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus (Office 365 ProPlus) on up to 5 personal machines (PC or Mac) and Office apps up to 5 tablets (including Android, iPad, and Windows tablets) and 5 phones per user without additional cost during the subscription period. They can also use Microsoft’s online cloud storage OneDrive for Business (5 TB in size). Please refer to here for details.