- The Department should contact the Finance and Enterprises Office (FEO) to apply for a BEA Merchant Account.
- The FEO will inform the BEA about the request for the creation of a Merchant Account on behalf of the department.
- The BEA will create the Merchant Account and inform the department the login ID and password and the registration procedures for payment settlement/cancellation.
- The BEA will remind the department that some programming work has to be done by the department for connecting to the payment gateway. Event organizers can contact the Information Technology Services Service Desk at 3917 0123 for TECHNICAL advice.
For event managers using the HKU Event Management System (HKUEMS), no special programming is required.
- The BEA will provide training material to the department on how to use the JETCO system for payment settlement/cancellation. Departments may contact the Information Technology Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a brief demonstration on how to settle the transactions using the JETCO system if necessary.