The software version of your iOS devices has to support WPA2 Enterprise with 802.1x authentication. To check the Software Update version, please go to Settings > General > About. Please refer to apple website for more information.
B. Configuration Procedure
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button.
- While you are at an eduroam hotspot, check WiFi is turned ON and tap eduroam.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap Join.
- You will be asked to accept a certificate the first time you connect. Click Accept to accept GeoTrust Global CA.
- You will be able to connect to eduroam.
C. Security Note
- For better security protection, you are advised to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.
- After login to “eduroam” WiFi successfully, the HKU Portal UID and PIN will be cached on the device which saves the effort for repeated inputs. While it is convenient, this can also impose a security threat when your device is transferred to another person. To clear a cached password, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and tap next to “HKU” WiFi network. Then tap Forget this Network.