Please make sure your device supports WPA2 Enterprise with 802.1x authentication and is installed with the latest Software Update. To check the Software Update version, tap Settings > General > About. Please visit Apple website for more information.
B. Configuration Procedure
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button.
- While you are at an Y5ZONE WiFi hotspot, please make sure WiFi is turned ON and select “Universities via Y5ZONE”.
- Enter your username and password.
- For staff, please enter your username in the format of UID@hku.hk. For students, please enter your username in the format of UID@connect.hku.hk.
- Password: HKU Portal PIN
- Tap Join.
- You will be asked to accept a certificate the first time you make a connection to “Universities via Y5ZONE”. Click Accept to accept GeoTrust Global CA.
- You will be able to see “Universities via Y5ZONE” as your selected WiFi network.
C. Security Note
For better password security protection, you are advised to change your HKU Portal PIN if it has not been changed for six months.