The HKU Video Streaming Service supports the storage and streaming of MP4 video files. If your video files are not in MP4 format, please convert them into MP4 format before uploading to our server. After file conversion, you can upload the files to the HKU Video Streaming Server (click here for the procedures).
Below are the file conversion steps:
Download the file conversion tool
Convert into MP4 file
Using Any Video Converter Free (for single video conversion)
- Launch Any Video Converter Free
- Select Input VideoClick the “Add Video(s)” button to select an input video file(s) from your computer.x
By default, the output file name is the same as the video title.
- Select Output FormatClick the drop down button and choose the output format as “HTML5 MP4 Movie (*.mp4)”
- Check the Basic Settings, Video Options and Audio OptionsBasic Settings: confirm the video size is set as original, change output folder location if needed
Video Options: confirm the video bitrate is set as original bitrate
Audio Options: confirm the audio codec is acc
- Convert videoClick “Convert Now” and wait for the video to be converted.
Using FFMPEG (for batch conversion)
- Go to https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html, under “Get the packages” click the blue window icon and click “Windows Build”.
- Click “Download Build”.
- Create the folder “ffmpeg” under c:\ and unzip the downloaded contents to c:\ffmpeg
- Open a Notepad, copy and paste the following code and save as “batch_convert.bat”:
for %%a in (“*.flv”) do ffmpeg -i “%%a” -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 20 -b:a 128k
- Click “File” > “Save as” > save into C:\ffmpeg\bin\. Click “Save”.
File name: “batch_convert.bat”
Save as type: “All files”
- Copy all your .flv videos into c:\ffmpeg\bin folder
- Double-click the batch_convert.bat file, and it will start converting all the videos from .flv to .mp4 and store them into an auto created folder “newfiles”.