- Start the PC and login with a Windows account with administrator rights.
- Start Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Enable IE mode on Microsoft Edge
- Click the Settings and More “. . .” button on the top-right corner
- Select Settings option
- Click on Default browser
- In the Internet Explorer mode pages, click Add button
- Input https://hkusam.hku.hk, then click Add button
Note: This allows https://hkusam.hku.hk to be opened with Internet Explorer mode on Edge for the next 30 days (by default).
- Go to https://hkusam.hku.hk and login HKU Portal with your UID and PIN.
- Click Campus Information Services > Central IT Services > Software Asset Management link.
- If this is the first time you access the system with your PC, follow the instructions on the first page to change the IE settings by downloading and running the auto configuration program. Then restart Edge.
- Login the system again, fill in the all the mandatory fields which are marked with a red “*”.
- In the “Computer used by” field, enter the name of the computer user.
- In the “Inventory/Serial Number” field, enter the PC inventory number (e.g. Fixed/Small Asset No. assigned by FEO) or PC serial number which could usually be found on the PC label.
- In the “Building & Room Number” field, enter the location of the computer including building name or building code and room number.
- Then click on the “Scan” button.
- The scanning will be completed in one to two minutes. Then it will show the result on the screen with the number of unclassified items detected.
- To review and enter the information of the unclassified items, click the “Unclassified items” in the left hand side.
- If you have valid license of these software, either purchased by yourself, developed by yourself or software bundled with your personal devices (e.g. mobile phone), click on the “PL” button to add them to Personal License.
- If the software has a departmental license, select “departmental” in the pull down menu of the “Remarks” field.
- If you know that they should be “freeware” or “shareware”, please select “Freeware” or “Shareware” respectively in the pull down menu and provide the related information in the “Remarks” field.
- Otherwise, you have to remove or uninstall those software and rescan your computer again.
Service Request & Support
Copyright @2023 The University of Hong Kong. All Rights Reserved.