A. Configuration Procedure (to be done once only)
- Go to the main menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Wireless & Networks.
- Choose Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap Universities via Y5ZONE.
- Set EAP Type to PEAP.
- Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPV2.
- For staff, please type in your username in the format of UID@hku.hk. For students, please type in your username in the format of UID@connect.hku.hk.
- Set CA Certificate to “Use System Certificates” if the option is available. Otherwise, leave it as “unspecified” or “Do Not Validate”.(For Android 11 or above, set Online certificate status to: Don’t validate and set Domain to: hku.hk.)
- Set Wireless password to your HKU Portal PIN.
- Click Save.
- Android should now connect automatically to Universities via Y5ZONE.
B. Security Note
For better password security protection, you are advised to change your HKU Portal PIN if it has not been changed for six months.