**The following print client is available for use from August 2019 onwards. Please install it for using the uPrint service on Mac. Print client installed before August 2019 cannot be used.**
- Administrator right of PCs for software installation.
- Using SSID “HKU” for WiFi connection (other SSIDs are not supported).
2. Installation Procedure
- Download the package by clicking here (this is a 64-bit version supporting macOS 10.15 Catalina, updated on 30 Oct 2019, please unzip the file before install on the mac).
- Click the package in the Downloads folder.
- The following message is shown because the security preference does not allow the installation of apps not from the App Store. Click “OK”
- Click “Yes” to continue the installation.
- The print client (called AMDP Print Client) will be installed automatically.
- Go to “System Preferences…” > “Security & Privacy”, you will see the blocked message.Click “Open Anyway” to allow the installation.
- Click “Open” to confirm the installation of the package.
3. Submit Print Job using uPrint
- Check if your Mac is connected using the WiFi SSID “HKU” (other SSIDs are not supported) or connecting to HKUVPN.
- Open the file e.g. in MS Word. Select the “Print” function.
- Select the uPrint print queue, “uPrint (BW)” or “uPrint (Color)” and confirm to print.
- To check the print job status, please click the print client at the top right.
- Choose “Follow You Print”.
- You can see the files that are ready to print. You can collect your printouts from any uPrint printers.