Connecting your VPC Box
- Plug in the power cable and connect it to the power supply.
- Plug in the video cable to Display Port 1.
- Plug in the network cable and connect it to the network port.
- Connect your mouse and keyboard via the USB ports at the rear. You can use the other 2 USB ports at the front for other purposes (except USB storage device which is not supported.)
- Press the power button to turn on the VPC and turn on your monitor.
How to login VPC after VPC is turned on
- [Applicable to VPC boxes deployed after 13 July 2020] Select the user group. Staff please select “VPC (staff)” and students please select “VPC (students)”.
- Enter your HKU Portal UID (@hku.hk is NOT necessary) and HKU Portal PIN.
- Click the “Login” button.
How to unlock VPC at screensaver mode
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to unlock.
- Enter your HKU Portal PIN and press Enter.
How to sign out your VPC
- Click the Windows logo at the bottom left.
- Click the account logo and click “Sign out”.
- Click the “Shutdown” button.
- Click “Shutdown the system” and “OK”.