To enhance the reliability and functionality of Central Email service, ITS is going to migrate all HKU staff’s email accounts to Microsoft Exchange Online. In October 2022, the email accounts of ITS and University Libraries staff have undergone this migration successfully. The email accounts of the new staff who join HKU since 1 December 2022 onward were also created on Microsoft Exchange Online.
All staff email accounts will be migrated by Oct 2023 gradually. You will be informed of the migration schedule by email. All email accounts of the staff in the same department will be migrated in the same batch.
What are the benefits of Exchange Online email account?
- Increase of Email account storage from 15GB to 50GB
- Easier integration with Microsoft Collaboration Tools such as MS Teams
- Enablement of Power Automate Workflow with Mailing Service
What are the changes to me after migration?
- Change Web Mail Access link to https://mail.office365.com
- Re-config Email App setting on the Mobile Device
What are the impacts to me or my department?
- In a short period of time, colleagues in the same department using old and new email service (Microsoft Exchange Online) cannot share calendar.
In case you have any questions, like an early migration for enjoying the 50GB account storage and the Shared Calendar service among all colleagues in the same department, please contact ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3917 0123.
Information Technology Services