"HKU" is for HKU staff and students to make WiFi connections in all HKU campuses (steps: https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/hkuwifi).
"eduroam" allows HKU staff and students to connect to the WiFi network of other institutions participating in eduroam (steps: https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/eduroam).
Staff and students can also make use of the WiFi hotspots outside campus by using "Universities via Y5ZONE" and "Universities via CSL" (steps: https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/y5zone and https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/cslwifi).
- "Wi-Fi.HK via HKU" is for use by visitors which requires no registration and configuration steps (steps: https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/wifihk).
Register your network card address
- Configure your computer to obtain an IP address dynamically (via DHCP)
- For accessing the University services outside the campus network, please login the HKUVPN (HKU Virtual Private Network) gateway using your HKU Portal UID and PIN (see https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/remote/hkuvpn2fa).
1. A connection session will be automatically disconnected if it is left idle without any activity for 30 minutes.
2. For visitors living in halls, please contact the Hall Managers for the pre-requisites and procedures for accessing the Hall Network.