The Central PC Management is supported by ITS to manage HKU owned Windows PCs, increasing offices productivity and efficiency while maintaining the security on office’s PCs.
What benefits does Central PC Management offer to end users?
- No need to worry about missing Windows updates or security patches for office PCs.
- Up-to-date PC hardware and software inventory preparation.
- User self-service installation of common application via equipped Software Center. (Click here for more information)
- Manageable Windows version feature updates.
- Managed access to local administrator accounts.
Ease of use
- Standardization of Windows PC sign in with UID@hku.hk
- Single-sign-on (SSO) with Microsoft 365 service
- Dedicated user(s) can take remote control to central managed PC, saving time and support costs.
- HKU staff account with Azure AD (M365) access
- HKU owned Windows PC with supported Microsoft Windows 10/11
- Windows 10 version 21H2, or above, Professional/Enterprise Edition; or
- Windows 11 version 21H2, or above, Professional/Enterprise Edition
- HKU campus network connection or Internet connectivity (no VPN required)
- Managed assignment of PC name