Visit https://home.sophos.com/employee, enter your HKU email account (@hku.hk (for staff) or @connect.hku.hk (for students)) and click the Submit button.
Create a Sophos Home account
- You will receive an email from Sophos Home <firstname.lastname@example.org> with a unique coupon code. Click Create Account to create a Sophos Home account.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, HKU email address, a password for the Sophos Home account (for security reasons, please assign a password different from your HKU Portal PIN), and the unique coupon code from Sophos’ email mentioned above (this code is usually prefilled). Click Create Account button.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your HKU email address.
- In the confirmation email, click Confirm email.
- You will be redirected to the Sophos Home account login page. Enter your HKU email address and your Sophos Home account password.
- Click Download button to download the installation program. You can email the install link or copy it to install Sophos Home on another PC that you own (up to 10 PCs per account).
Uninstall any anti-virus software on your computer (including the existing Sophos Endpoint Protection if you are using it).
Steps on uninstall software on Windows 10
Steps on uninstall software on Mac
Steps on uninstall software on Mac
Look for applications such as Kaspersky and uninstall them from your PC.
Below are steps for uninstalling Sophos Endpoint Protection:
Microsoft Windows 10 or 11
- Click the Start button
- Click the Settings button
- From the Windows Settings window, click Apps
- Under the Apps & features sections, scroll down the list and find Sophos Anti-Virus
- Click Sophos Anti-Virus
- Click the Uninstall button
- Click through the prompts to complete the removal of Sophos Anti-Virus
- Repeatthe Uninstall process for each Sophos App in the Apps & Features list
- Reboot your computer when finished
- From the Finder menu, click Go > Go to Folder.
- Type in /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus and click Go.
- Double-click Remove Sophos Anti-Virus. …
- On the Welcome screen, click Continue.
- On the Select a Destination screen, ensure your hard drive is selected, then click Continue.
More details can be found here.
Install Sophos Home
- To install, double click the downloaded Sophos Home installation file. Click Let’s start.
- Click Install to accept the terms and conditions and continue the installation.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. Please do not shut down or restart your computer.
- Click Continue and Sophos Home will be opened
- Click Scan to perform a scanning of your PC.
- You can click Add Device if you wish to install Sophos Home on another PC. You can either email the install link or copy the link to the PC you wish to install Sophos Home.
- Click Dashboard to check and manage devices under your Sophos Home account.
- Go to https://my.sophos.com/en-us/login/ and sign in using your Sophos Home account.
- Click Download to download the installation program.
- Click Add new device.
- Click Install.
- You can also email the install link or copy it to another PC you wish to install Sophos Home.
- Installation will start after download and it may take a few minutes. Please do not shut down or restart your device.
- [Source: Sophos webpage] Some versions of macOS will require additional steps be performed when installing security software. Please see below for steps pertaining to each version of macOS:
macOS 10.13 – 15 (High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina)
macOS 10.15 specific (Catalina)
macOS 11 – Big Sur
macOS 12 -Monterey
- System Extension Blocked appears on new installations on MacOS High Sierra 10.13
- Nothing happens when clicking the Allow button on macOS High Sierra 10.13
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home
- Checking the operating system information
- Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sophos Home shows that this device is vulnerable