To access “HKU” WiFi, please
- check to make sure your Wi-Fi LAN card is WPA-compliant.
- update your WLAN driver to the latest version.
B. Configuration Procedure (to be done once only)
- Under the main menu, select System Preferences.
- Under the Network and Internet section, click Network.
- Select Turn WiFi On, unlock the interface if locked and click Advanced.
- Click the + button to add a new network.
- Select Show Networks.
- Select HKU from the available wireless networks.
- Click Join.
- Type your HKU Portal UID in the User Name field.
- Type your HKU Portal PIN in the Password field.
- Click OK.
- You may see a pop-up box stating “The server certificate is not trusted because there are no explicit trust settings”. Click Continue.
- Your computer is now connected to the “HKU” WiFi.
C. Connection Procedure
- Click the WiFi icon at the top and select HKU.
- An alert message on a not-trusted certificate may be shown.
- Click Continue button to bypass the alert message.
- You will be connected to the “HKU” WiFi.
D. Security Note
For better security protection, you are advised to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.