HKU Moodle is integrated with Zoom through which teachers can schedule Zoom meetings and students can join these meetings directly under their Moodle courses.
For the quick start guide and other useful information on the use of Zoom, please click here.
User Guide (video tutorial)
For Teachers to Schedule Zoom Meetings in Moodle
- Download the Zoom client
- Create a Course Zoom Meeting
- Login to Moodle and go to the Moodle course you wish to add a Zoom meeting.
- Under the Navigation block > Add Common Functions menu, click to select “Zoom Meeting” to enter the setting page.
- In the setting page, the “Zoom Meeting” option is selected by default in the Preconfigured tool. Click “Save and return to course” button at the bottom of the setting page.
- The Course Zoom Meeting is created under the selected Moodle course.
- Schedule a course meeting
- Click “Course Zoom Meeting”.
- Select “Schedule a New Meeting”.
- Input the date, time and duration of the meeting. Click “Save” to save the meeting.
- The Zoom meeting schedule is created. The teacher can click the “Start” button to start the scheduled Zoom meeting.
- After “Start” is clicked, a pop-up window is shown asking to open the Zoom client program.
- After the Zoom client is open, the meeting will be started.
- Below is a quick reference of the Zoom menu bar.
For Students to Join Zoom Meetings in Moodle
- Download the Zoom client Go to the Zoom Download Center or hku.zoom.us to download the Zoom client (Zoom Client for Meetings) or app (Zoom Cloud Meetings).
- Participate in Zoom meeting
- Login to Moodle and go to the Moodle course you wish to join a Zoom meeting.
- Click “Course Zoom Meeting” created by the teacher.
- Under the Course Zoom Meeting page, click “Join”.
- A pop-up window is shown asking to open the Zoom client program.
- You will then join the Zoom meeting.