Assignment types in Moodle
There are 2 types of assignment:
- File upload
A student can upload file(s), such as Word document, spreadsheet or anything digital. After learners upload their files in this arrangement, the instructor will be able to open the submission and then use the Moodle interface to assign a grade and offer comments as feedback.
- Online Text
This assignment type asks users to compose and edit text, using the normal editing tools. The online text assignment can be set up to allow learners to compose, revise and edit over time or such that the learner only has one opportunity to enter his or her response.
Add an assignment (Upload single file) as activity of your Moodle course
- Go to the course which you want to edit and click “Turn editing on” to enable the editing mode if you have not done so.
- Go to the topic where you want to create the assignment. Click “Add an activity or resource” and select “Assignment”.
3. Fill in the General information about the assignment including Assignment Name, Description, Available period, whether to allow late submission.
4. Fill in other information about the assignment includes the following (Optional).
Item Description Grade 1. The grade for the assignment is specified here. Choosing a number will become the maximum grade for this assignment. If you will not be giving a grade for the assignment, choose “No grade”. Upload a single file 1. By default, students cannot resubmit assignments once the teacher has graded them. If you turn this option on, then students will be allowed to resubmit assignments after they have been graded.
2. If you enable the “Email alerts to teachers”, then teachers are alerted with a short email whenever students add or update an assignment submission.
3. You can also set the maximum size of the uploaded file.
Common module settings 1. When course group mode is turned on, the group mode can be one of three levels: no groups, separate groups or visible groups.
2. Choose whether to Show or Hide the assignment.
Restrict Access 1. You can also restrict student access to the assignment by time or grade condition.
5. After you complete filling all those information, you can click the “Save and Return to course” / “Save and display” to create the assignment.