Teachers can use attendance function to take attendance during class. Students can view their own attendance record in the Moodle platform.
Create an attendance on Moodle
- Click “Turn editing on” button on the course site.
- Click “Add an activity or resource”.
- Select “Attendance” by clicking the radio button, click “Add”.
- Enter the name of the attendance. Teachers can set the maximum grade of the attendance.
- Select the group mode under “Common module settings”.
- No groups – There are no sub groups, everyone is part of one big community.
- Separate groups – Each group member can only see their own group, others are invisible.
- Visible groups – Each group member works in their own group, but can also see other groups.
- Click “Save and display” button at the end of the page to save the settings.
- Click “Add session” button to add session to attendance.
- Check the box “Create multiple sessions” if the session occurs in weekly basis.
Set the session date, time and duration.
If it is a multiple sessions, please select the session days and frequency.
- Click “Add session” at the end of the page.
Take attendance for the course
- Click “Take attendance” icon.
- Take the attendance for the student by selecting “P”/ “L”/ “E” or “A”, by default, they are stand for “Present“, “Late“, “Excused“, and “Absent“.
- Click “Save attendance” to save the page.