Installation and Setup Procedures
Note: Please remove older versions of Office from your Mac before your start to install Office 365 ProPlus.
- Go to Microsoft login page.
- Enter your HKU Portal UID (UID@hku.hk) and you will be redirected to another designated login page, Microsoft Office 365 for Staff.
- Enter your “HKU Portal PIN” in the password field and click “Sign in”.
- After successful login, click “Install Office” > “Office 365 apps” to download the installation package.
- After download is completed, double click the installation file “Microsoft_Office_2016_installer.pkg” to kick off the installation.
- Click “Continue”.
- Read the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Click “Agree” if you agree to the license terms.
- Click “Install” to perform standard installation.
- Installation is in progress.
- Click “Close” to complete the installation.
- To setup your Office for Mac, click “Sign in”.
- Enter your email address in the format of “UID@hku.hk” and click “Next”.
- Enter your HKU Portal PIN. Then click “Sign in”.
- Click “Start Using Word” button to complete the setup.