A. Configuration Procedure
- Turn on your iOS device. Tap Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button.
- When you are located near a CSL WiFi hotspot, make sure WiFi is turned ON. Select Universities via CSL.
- Enter your username and password.
- Username: For staff, please type UID@hku.hk. For students, please type UID@connect.hku.hk.
- Password: HKU Portal PIN
- Tap Join.
- You will be prompted to accept a certificate the first time you make connection. Click Accept to accept GeoTrust Global CA.
- You can now use Universities via CSL as your selected network.
B. Security Note
After successful login to Universities via CSL, the HKU Portal UID and PIN will be cached in the device and re-entering the UID/PIN is not required for future connections. While it is convenient, this can also impose security threat. For example, when the device is transferred for use by another person.
To clear cached password, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and tap next to Universities via CSL network. Then tap Forget this Network.