OneDrive for Business is a public cloud storage offered by Microsoft. Staff members are advised not to store or share any personal or sensitive data on OneDrive. Please read the “Guidelines on Electronic Communications and Storing Personal Data on Portable Storage Devices, Personally-owned Computers and Public Cloud Services” at Guidelines on Electronic Communications and Storage of Personal Data for the detailed requirements and advice on implementing appropriate security measures to protect the relevant data.
- Go to Microsoft login page
- Enter your HKU Portal UID (UID@hku.hk) and you will be redirected to another designated login page, Microsoft Office 365 for Staff.
- Enter your “HKU Portal PIN@hku.hk” in the password field and click “Sign in”.
- (a) After successful login, select “OneDrive” at the top of the page.
- Select the “Sync” button.
- Enter your email address in the format of “UID@hku.hk” and click “Next”.
- Enter your HKU Portal PIN in the password field and click “Sign in”.
- Click “Sync Now” to start synchronizing the documents saved under your HKU OneDrive for Business account with a predefined directory at your PC. By doing so, a copy of your documents saved under that OneDrive account will be automatically saved under your designated directory at your PC.If you wish to change the directory to synchronize at your PC, click “Change”.
- Please wait while the files are synchronizing.
- After the synchronization is done, click “Show my files” and the list of files saved at the designated directory of your PC will be displayed.
(b) Or, select the app launcher, and select “OneDrive”.