A. Configuration Procedure (to be done once only)
- Go to the main menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Wireless & Networks.
- Choose Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap Universities via CSL.
- Set EAP Type to PEAP.
- Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPV2.
- For staff, please type in your username in the format of UID@hku.hk. For students, please type in your username in the format of UID@connect.hku.hk.
- Set CA Certificate to “Use System Certificates” if the option is available. Otherwise, leave it as “unspecified” or “Do Not Validate”.(For Android 11 or above, set Online certificate status to: Don’t validate and set Domain to: hku.hk.)
- Set Wireless password to your HKU Portal PIN.
- Click Save.
- Android should now connect automatically to Universities via CSL.
B. Security Note
Since HKU Portal UID and PIN are employed to login at Universities via CSL, as a better password security measure, you would be asked to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.