- Staff (except visiting staff, hourly-paid staff and honorary appointees who can use alternate email address only) can choose to receive the token code either through a registered alternate email address or the Fortinet Token Mobile App (Mobile App).
For staff who prefers using Mobile App to receive the token code, please register through HKU Portal (login HKU Portal > type “2FA” in the search field > click the link “Register to Use 2FA” > select the option “Mobile App” under section (A)). After registration, please follow the procedure below to install the Mobile App.
- FortiToken Mobile is compatible with Windows Phones running version 8.0 and 8.1.
- This Mobile App can be installed on ONE mobile device only for receiving the token code for 2FA.
2. Installation Procedures
- Go to Microsoft Store.
- In the search box, type “fortitoken mobile” and choose the app FortiToken Mobile.
- Tap “install”.
- After Installation, tap “FortiToken Mobile” to launch the application.
- Open the activation email and the attached graphical file.
(1) You will receive an activation email on “Activate HKU 2FA Mobile App” sent to the registered alternate email address within 60 minutes.
(2) The QR code may not be displayed in high resolution in preview mode. If the QR code cannot be scanned successfully using its preview version, please open the .png file of the QR code in the email attachment and scan it using the installed Mobile App (FortiToken Mobile app).
- Tap “+” to add account.
- Type the name of the account e.g. HKU.
- Tap the “camera” button to scan the QR code displayed in the activation email.
- Once the token is activated, a token will be displayed on the FortiToken Mobile App and it is ready for use.