NOTE: All protected Microsoft Office documents can be opened by Office 2013/2016. For protected files with .ppdf/.ptxt/.pjpg/.ppng/.pgif/.pfile file extension, they can be opened by using RMS sharing application.
Open protected Microsoft Office documents
- In Microsoft Outlook/OWA/File Explorer, double click the protected Microsoft Office document you want to open.
- The document will be opened using Microsoft Office and you will see the message on “Restricted Access” as shown below.
- You can click “View Permission” to verify the permission you have.
Open a file protected by RMS with file extension .ppdf/.ptxt/.pjpg/.ppng/.pgif/.pfile
- In Microsoft Outlook/OWA/File Explorer, double click the document you want to open.
- The document will be opened using RMS sharing application. You can find your permission in RMS as shown below.