Configuration Procedure (to be done once only)
- Go to the main menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Wireless & Networks.
- Choose Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap HKU.
- Set EAP Type to PEAP.
- Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPV2.
- Set CA Certificate to “Use System Certificates” if the option is available. Otherwise, leave it as “unspecified” or “Do Not Validate”.
(For Android 11 or above, set Online certificate status to: Don’t validate and set Domain to: hku.hk.)
- Set Identity to your HKU Portal UID.
- Set Wireless password to your HKU Portal PIN.
- Click Save.
- Android should now connect automatically to “HKU” WiFi.
Since HKU Portal UID and PIN are employed to login at “HKU” WiFi, as a better password security measure, you would be asked to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.