To access “HKU” WiFi, please check to make sure the Software Update of your iOS device can support WPA2 Enterprise with 802.1x authentication.
To check the Software Update version, please tap Settings > General > About on your iOS device. For more information, please refer to Apple website.
B. Configuration Procedure
- Turn on your iOS device and tap Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button.
- Make sure WiFi is turned ON and tap HKU.
- Enter your username and password.
- User Name: HKU Portal UID
- Password: HKU Portal PIN
- Tap Join.
- You will be prompted to accept a certificate the first time when you make a connection. Click Trust to accept the digital certificate.
- You should now see HKU as your selected WiFi network.
C. Security Note
- For better security protection, you are advised to change your HKU Portal PIN if you have not changed it for six months.
- After login to “HKU” WiFi successfully, the HKU Portal UID and PIN will be cached on the device which saves the effort of repeated inputs. While it is convenient, this can also impose a security threat when your device is transferred to another person. To clear a cached password, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and tap next to “HKU” WiFi network. Then tap Forget this Network.