Dissemination of University Notices
ITS will assist to distribute university notices in a timely manner through the eNotices System.
Increase of Computer Resources
ITS will keep close monitoring on the usage trend of the campus network, HKUVPN, SIS, Moodle, Panopto, HCM and other mission critical systems and will respond immediately to introduce any possible facility enhancement whenever a need arises. These could include increasing the email quota and disk quota of Moodle for staff and students to facilitate their teaching and learning online.
Teachers are recommended to use the central Learning Management System, Moodle, to continue teaching when there is class suspension. They can refer to the Moodle web site for more details about the support arrangement in case of pandemic outbreak.
Email for Communications with Students
- Under SIS, teachers by default can access the class lists under “Faculty Center” if the teacher information has been recorded under the Syllabus Plus system managed by Examination Unit. They can use the system built-in function to communicate with students, e.g. class notices.The steps are as follows:
- Below is a sample screen of “Faculty Center”. Click the icon “Class Roster”.
- The following will be displayed after clicking “Class Roster”. To send email to all students in the class, click “Notify Listed Students”.
- Input the email content and click “Send Notification” to send the email.
- For teachers would like to download the email addresses of their students for communication purpose, they can use another function under SIS (Access path: SIS Quick Menu > Provisional Class List). To use of this function, please submit CF125c “System Access Request Form for Student Information System (SIS) In-house Applications” by selecting the option “Student Enrollment”.
- Through the Moodle platform, teachers can make class announcements in news forum, create discussion topics in discussion forum, send emails to students using Moodle quick mail.
- For mailing list service please refer to here.